Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Verse 43: Home

Robert invited me over to his house, have dinner, and spend couple of nights with his family. I gratefully accepted.

At Gordon's Bay he lived, which is on the other side of False Bay; translation: a 30 minute drive. The Taylors lived in a beautiful cozy house not far from the beach; his dog Daisy is very good at being protective of his property...especially when I stepped in.

Mrs. Taylor made lovely spaghetti and meat ball that night. We sat down, and dined through our conversations. Robert's children, Sasha and Christopher, had just returned to high school after their "winter" break. All the sudden I was remembered my early high school days when I was excitingly updating

After dinner, we sat on the couch and watched a bit of TV while we digest that delicious dinner. But when the ladies of the house started watching 98210 or some random number like that, the men went to "work". We solved the problem of malfunctioning internet.

It was neat to spend some time in a family environment; it's something I haven't done in a long time. The couple of nights at the Taylors' made me think of my family in Canada. In a week's time, we'll be reunited, but on the other hand, I don't want to leave this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment