Monday, July 12, 2010

Verse 36: Alone

The five guys from West Point left Cape Town on Monday. For the first time in 7 weeks, I'm living alone at the project. At night when there's no one to talk to, I'd some times sing out loud to remind myself I still have a voice; I'm in love with Katy Perry's new song "California Girls"...very catchy.

In the day time, I'm spending a lot more time off the construction site. Robert took me with him a few times to get building supplies from nearby towns. Christopher, Robert's 14 year-old son, came to the project too. We had good laughs giving out condoms and tying kids up for being naughty.

At dusk, after everyone had gone home, I'd sit on the balcony and watch the sunset while sipping on a glass of juice and munging on a biscuit. The temperature has been decent these days, so it's very relaxing sitting outside to read or just let the mind wander. I thought about my early days in Montreal, the different moments I had, the drama, the ups and downs throughout the year, and especially home and Canada; I guess what you think about when you're alone is what means the most to you.

This Thursday is Canada's Day, it must be exciting to be back home. As for here, I plan to take a road trip and go on a safari. It's going to be another great adventure, better if someone would join me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment