Friday, June 11, 2010

Verse 6: In the child-Hood

Tired. When we do something for a long time we get tired. A run up the mountain make us tired physically, cramming for multiple exams simultaneously make us tired mentally. Tired.

I can never get tired of watching these kids play, seeing them rolling in the sand, diving at each other and screaming. I may not understanding what they're saying or yelling, but the language of joy is...pretty darn international; I didn't need Xhosa to know they're having fun.

I'm sitting here on the wooden railing of the balcony and looking down. I don't know how long I've been here but it must've been a while because the sun had already hidden behind the mountains, giving it a sharp outline by the colours of dusk.

It hasn't came across their minds for the kids to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment