Saturday, June 19, 2010

Verse 20: Thursday, June 10th

Throughout my life I've been testing the validity of Murphy's Law, or the aspect of Ying-Yang if you prefer in Eastern philosophy. My "yesterday-today" contrast certainly support the former. Happiness has an equilibrium.

I mixed a pot of high-quality plaster to begin the day. The meticulous work of plastering didn't frustrate me one bit. From there the rest of day went smoothly. My goaltending in the afternoon soccer game was superb, I was able to turn away a few awesome shots that put the kids in shock. I was certainly in a much better mood today.

Despite only four workers plus Buyiswa and her husband showed up at our BBQ dinner party, we had a good time. I grilled some beef, chicken, and sausage that had Buyiswa clapping (if you know sister B, you know her high expectations when it comes to food, umph..). At the end of the dinner, Anna pulled out the "South African" cake we had prepared for this party. Success!

The clean-up after guests' departure is usually not so fun, but tonight may just be an exception. Anna and I worked as a team to make it not-so-boring. We passed the plates back and forth, she passes me plates, I wash, she rinses. Then I pass her plates, she dries and stack away. The efficiency was high, not to mention the conversation and the soft-rock music that made the clean-up go by like a fruit fly.

The rest of the night is pretty relaxing, Anna accompanied me to the shebeen (local pub) to get a bottle of beer. I sat outside on the wooden rail of the balcony and watched the night by. In a clear night like this with little light pollution in the township, you can see many stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment