Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Post 4: In and Out

Yesterday I caught up with my friend Andrew from college. Though our time was limited to a day, as he was concluding his month-long journey in South-East Asia, we had a grand time exploring Bangkok. Our improv traveling put us on a commuter boat to East Bangkok, where we discovered a part of Bangkok that is more honest with prices. As I shipped him out last night, I picked up my childhood friend Paul from the airport. What better way to catch up on the lost times over the open road?

In the next little while, we'll be very mobile. Our plan is to tour Bangkok in 4 hours, hop on a train to the Thailand's ancient capital of Ayutthaya some 70km north of Bangkok. We'll return by dusk to catch the sunset ferry. And have a few drinks to cool off at the night market.

To save a little bit of time and money, we'll take whichever train over-night train that's available to get closer towards Surat Thani. It is now 6:43AM and we better go.

Epic journey time? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment