Monday, August 20, 2012

Intro: Expedition South-East

It's the kind of summer that are so eventful, that it seemed shorter with each memory. I enjoyed the family times, beer and friends, guitar and bon-fire, and weekend trips in the midst of a hard week working at the factory, and a few other bumps on the road...

Three years ago I took you along with me to the French countryside. Two years ago, it was South Africa. And in the next month before I start my exchange term at University of Hong Kong, I'll be writing about my travels in South-East Asia. Major destinations include Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Mount Kinabalu, and Hong Kong. Please feel free to email me your address, I'll be sending post-cards!

After a turbulent first half to 2012, I feel that this is a journey I need to make; on the road, discovering the wonders of the people and places, seeking truth to matters of life, jumping hurdles... and growing, as the person I am to become.


Something is only worthwhile when we do it with a purpose. Below is a list I made the top 10 things I'm going to accomplish:


  • Hike half-marathon (21km) on foot
  • Spend a full day and night on the beach
  • Train with a Muay-Thai boxer
  • Watch a cock fight
  • Swim beneath a waterfall
  • Spend a day on the sea with fishermen
  • Visit remote villages and tribes on bike/motorbike
  • Mediate at a monastery
  • Dive in the Indian Ocean
  • Watch sunrise from the peak of Mt. Kinabalu

Let the summer begin.
Friends, I'll see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of awesome experiences are on the horizon! Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete