Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Campus Squirrels

I wasn't having the greatest today, so instead of digging those Physics problems at the library, I spent the afternoon watching squirrels.

Late autumn calls for a time of busy preparation; for the squirrels, it's to store food, for us students, it's to ace those final exams...for the Toronto Maple Leafs, it's time to win some games. But doesn't matter if you're a squirrel a student or belong to the Leafs organization, we all share the same sense of urgency that is presently felt. We have feel this urgency because we have dreams and goals to realize. But maybe I'm just too eager.

The campus squirrels are interesting to observe. Unlike the squirrels from the wild, these lil creatures thrive in the urban culture by taking advantage of the litterers. I've seen squirrels dragging full-sized sandwiches, crackers, and fruits to their 'hide-out'. For the sandwiches, the squirrels would hide it somewhere first, then break it down to smaller pieces and make several trips making the deposit. And before they do so each time, they always swing their heads around to make sure other squirrels aren't watching. They don't ever seem frustrated by the size of their findings.

If I can be a bit more like a squirrel, I'd take learning piece by piece, take some time off to examine the situation and focus on the big picture. Consistently and efficiently, I know I'll make turn that B to an A ;)

Maybe the Leafs, too, can win some games this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment