Friday, June 1, 2012

The End of an End and the Beginning of a Beginning

It’s been over a year since I’ve written in this blog. Oh, was that hell of a year or what?! As those who lived through it with me could attest, it was eventful and exciting, as usual ;)

I think it’s only appropriate that I continue from where I left off. I'm afraid I'll skip the details of the life from beautiful angles.

380 days ago, I stepped into CED-Q Head Quarter first time. I was a coming off my second year of undergraduate, with bare-minimum knowledge of economics. I’ve even wondered how I landed that internship which I clearly struggled for a little while. How silly was I to concern over my work attires!

Whatever doubts I had, have forever disappeared. In my four break-through projects at CED-Q, I’ve become fond of my work, my colleagues, and economics. I discovered an aspect of my interest I never had known, and the constant intellectual challenges facing me each time I step into the R&A directorate. 12 months, I’ve gained the insights into the future of economic development, in which I’ve pressed my fingerprints all over. I’ve done my best, history will do the rest.

This afternoon I cleared my cubicle. I’ll miss the morning greetings, and the evening good-byes. I’ll miss the coffee chats, and Friday lunch-out. All of which, I suppose, could be replaced in my next job. But what about the “leap of logic” my boss took when he assigned me my project? I’m unsure. The chief confided in the person that I am to get the job done. The rest? I can only improve to prove his approval.

With a last walk around the office, I concluded my days at CED-Q with a round of handshakes with my colleagues and friends.

Now that’s in the past, now’s the time to move forward.
A box in arms, the elevator door shut and descended from 8th floor.

I’ll continue to improve myself :)






1 comment:

  1. Heyy Peter! Nice to see you blogging again! Always interesting can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete