Monday, March 22, 2010

Theory of the Fifth Dimension- PART II: The Fifth Dimension

The human mind is a complex thing. Different philosophical schools have argued for centuries over the nature of the existence of the mind as a separate identity from the physical brain. I'm not going get into the cyclical debate over that matter (no pun intended), rather, I'm taking a practical approach to establish the theory of a Fifth Dimension of the human mind.

NATURE OF THE 5D

At times we are engaged in some activities, we mentally separate from our physical selves. Those phenomena are common if you were to have any experience in competitive sport, yoga, or solving differential equations etc. Those activities previously described are temporary state of "physical detachment". However, for some people, they live almost completely in worlds they created in their minds. THAT world, is what I call the Fifth Dimension. The fact that time does not stop during the engagement in this "mind-away-from-body" period proves that it is an extension of the fourth dimension (hence Fifth) instead of having its own entity.

As spontaneous as a touch of rain drop on the skin, the transition from 4D world to the 5D is instantaneous. A connection is made to the 5D when the mind is highly engaged in a series of thoughts, in which the physically senses are perceived but not processed.

SOCIAL PHENOMENA

Some people find the 4D world disagreeable. For whatever reason they aren't content with a world that is flawed, filled with imperfections (by these, I mean a 4D world that is different from what they wanted it to be, relative to those standards, the world is imperfect)

Therefore, instead of having to encounter "real" people and do "real" things, they complement their life experiences in the fifth dimension, where they can even form ideal friendship and relationship, and experiences they could not otherwise pertain in the 4D world.

SOURCES OF 5D ENGAGEMENT

As established neuroscience suggests, people's emotions and experiences are much associated with certain types of neurotransmitters released. To live is to experience these emotions, which is ultimately controlled by chemistry; while one feels the adrenaline rush of sighting the finish-line, another experience the same chemistry by obtaining the most powerful weapon in a violence-based video game. Any experience from a virtual reality that results in changes in body chemistry is due to the existence of a fifth dimension.

If I were chatting with a friend on Facebook while someone asks me what I'm doing, I'd say I'm chatting with a friend, EVEN THOUGH, what I'm physically doing is looking at a 2D plane while pressing buttons with my fingers. But, my mind is engaged in the fifth dimension while I receive all the emotions (not that I have emotions..if you know me) and chemistry as if I were to talk to the person in my room. I had to talk to this friend via a virtual space called internet, because I am unable to do so in the 4D world.

ON UNIVERSAL 5D

The highly established fifth dimension bothers can be misleading. Do understand that I'm not saying the 5D is a negative dimension, the 5D gave us the Oscar movies to watch and Pulitzer books to read. But, with the outpour of 21st century technology in "highly-realistic virtual-reality simulators", some people extended their engagement in the fifth dimension just a little too much. What can I say to those people? What can I say to those who watches TV 14 hours a day, those who is "dating" 3 hours on MSN each night, those who live on Facebook (or the internet) and updates status three times every hour in order to get attention, and me, who just spent 30 minutes once in a while typing these useless articles on an insight that he thinks is worthy to share?

What should be said, has been said.
Thanks Voltaire.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure what you're referring to as the 5th dimension (in "Sources of 5d engagement") is simply what psychologists call Self-Awareness, or even, pre-conscious processing

    Pre-conscious processing is where our mind builds up a perception of the world out of information driven from the senses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5D theory extends the concept of pre-conscious in psychology. One can sub-consciously, pre-consciously and consciously live in the 5th dimension.

    Day-dreaming, for example, would be a conscious engagement in the 5D, yet it is not a pre-conscious activity.

    I appreciate your input Sef..

    ReplyDelete