Thursday, January 7, 2010

Theatres

Drama not only happen in movie theatres. Some say life is all just a big act displayed on some theatre, possibly created by God.

It wasn't that cold when I got off the bus, but I was a bit weary from the 7 hour bus ride from Toronto to Montreal thinking about the happenings of the holiday break. The past week of "family life" has allowed me to re-experience what it's like to be in a home; I kinda miss it. Certainly, on different theatres there are different dramas.

A semester away in college has certainly changed many aspect of my homecoming. Increased life experience and complicated thoughts put me closer to the line of working adults. Our family friends, they talk to me the same way they do to my parents. I most definitely do enjoy the larger role in the act, but just not so long ago I was performing on the theatre of high school...

One night I went back to visit the old school I graduated from and walked around the good ol'track - oh the mesmerizing theatre of life... Back in the days, it was my training field, it was where I made my first high school friends. It is us runners' playground, but next day it became our battlefield against the person in purple singlet. It's where we set records and make memories. One night it serves as the lonely boulevard, the next moon it carpets lovers' lane.

The oval track, like history, infinitely swirls...yet advances.

No comments:

Post a Comment